Monday, October 6, 2008

13.1 miles

I know that it has been awhile. I apologize and will get back on the ball.

So...triathlon down. Next... Half Marathon.

Now I know that I am only on my way to becoming an IRONMAN (goooo NATE!) but a half marathon is something that I never thought I would be able to do in a million years.

November 23rd I will complete my first half marathon. Who would have ever thought?

Last Saturday, I ran the furthest I have ever run : 6.18 miles. I know that is not the longest distance but for me, it was my first hurdle.

The course looked pretty epic when I mapped it out:














Elevation:





First 2 miles were great. Beautiful day and felt good. As you can see, mile 3 started a pretty steady climb. For some reason, this is when I wanted to give up. I had to mentally take back control of the run. That is my biggest hurdle...the mental game. I tend to get really negative with myself and psych myself out. Got a work on that.

I pushed through and ended up feeling pretty good at the end of it. I had my new Asics shoes on and they actually felt really good. Much more support than my Shox.

Tonight was a 4 mile run. Legs are tired but run I must.

Cheers,
e

No comments: