Tuesday, June 17, 2008

7 things

In no particular order...

Hate:
  1. The sound of my feet as they hit the treadmill. Seriously, I sound like I weight a metric ton. (I am not really sure how much that weighs...could be true)

  2. If I run with my iPod, the headphone cord always flops around and hits me in the face. Attempts to put behind my neck or keep it secured have been futile.

  3. Sweat. In....my...eyes

  4. Twig girls that look like they haven't eaten in 3 weeks running by me. You look like death. Nobody likes you.

  5. Cars. Ok... I see you. I'm not going to run into traffic in front of you. I don't need you to honk or like swerve off the road. We will all be okay.

  6. Blisters. Enough said.

  7. People trying to talk to me while I run. I can barely breathe. I don't need to talk to you right now. See ya in a couple of minutes.

Love:

  1. When I have a great song on and I instinctively run faster and smoother. Now if I can just those in my head because no iPod for the race.

  2. When all the noise fades away and I can hear nothing but my breathing. At that point, I could run forever.

  3. The momentum when I stop running that seems to continue to push me forward. It is like the rest of the world catching up with me. Not that I'm fast... at all.

  4. Feeling accomplished at the end. No better feeling.

  5. Every time I am running, I picture the end of the race. And you are there. And you. And you. And finally you.

  6. Running by the river is so beautiful and makes me feel like I am home, even though I am in a big city 3 hours away.

  7. Hanging up my shoes and getting ready for the next run. Going over the run in the shower and planning for next time.

5 comments:

Dominic said...

if you run the iPod headphones' cord through your shirt it wont hit you in the face.

tobethatguy said...

the charm of this post is that it is a play on a miley ray cyrus song.

and it's even more charming because most of this blog's readers, including 2 of its writers, will not get the connection.


as for every runner's biggest peeve, sweat in the eye: swallow your pride and wear a head band. i know that sounds so queer, but they're almost a necessity and can be found FOR MEN at any sporting good store. i have a nice blue nike headband, and i am NOT ashamed to wear it.

Eric Puglisi said...

That's why I shaved my head last night...

oh wait... now the sweat will go everywhere...


Rats.

Nathaniel said...

if you're running fast enough, the sweat shouldn't go into your eye. it should just careen off the side of your face and fall behind you... like rain on the window of a car.

i NEVER have sweat in the eye problems. :)

Artwork by KD said...

So funny:-) "Twig girls" etc...You must be in great shape!