Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ripple Effect

I apologize for the lack of posting but I was out of town this past weekend. That does not mean however that my training took a back seat.

Out of pure responsibility, I pulled myself out of bed on Friday for a 6am run. My cousin Brandi and I ran a good 3 miles by my parents house before getting in a car for a 4 hour trip to Connecticut for my Aunts wedding.

It is so different running on the road and running at home. It is a strange feeling because as I run on the roads and in the "courses" that I would run training for soccer growing up, I can remember the runs and how I felt during them. I can remember training in the hot sun of August and running until my legs felt like they were going to fall off. But it is beautiful at home and it is my favorite place to run, hands down. The runner might have changed but the feeling is still the same.

As a gift for being in the wedding, I got an iPod shuffle!!! I was so excited because now I have something small and light to run with. I just got to work on the perfect playlist... Nate... I will post that soon. I am sure it will be very different than yours.

When Nate and I always take about the triathlon, it is not so much about how the race will feel, the pain, the training, etc, it is about how we will feel afterwards. That we took control of what our minds and bodies said we could not do, and pushed through. This is very inspiring and it seems has inspired others to get on board.

While at the wedding this weekend, I was talking to my brother about the triathlon and he was joking with me that he could beat me in it. I didn't really think anything of it until he called me yesterday afternoon and told me that he was going to run the race. That I had inspired him to do it. And in turn, the fact that my brother was going to do it, inspired one of his coworkers to quit smoking and start training for the race as well.

The power of inspiration keeps rippling out....

Cheers,

e

No comments: