Monday, June 16, 2008

Progress!

Ah... what a difference a little rest, running shoes and an ipod makes!

Ran yesterday in actual running shoes, with an ipod, and not knackered after soccer training.  The difference was unreal!

Planned on doing 4 miles easy but that quickly changed as i took off like a bat out of hell and decided to do 2 miles fast.  Came through the first mile at 5:20, my fastest time in years, and finished the 2 miles in 11:17.  I've been able to run the mile itself in under 6 minutes since my early high school years, but i've always struggled to get my 2 mile time under 12.  Breakthrough!  Its nice to know that my 5k time is definitely under 20 minutes now!

The song "Someday" by Flipsyde provided the PERFECT cadence... give it a whirl. 

My goal for the Finger Lakes Triathlon is to do better than i did two years ago.  That being said... if i don't come in top 5 this year, i'll be disappointed. :)

1 comment:

Eric Puglisi said...

ok yeah so... that time is insane. I won't even see you in the race. Just a blur going by... slowing down just enough to mock me.

Great job buddy. Can't wait to train!