Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Nate makes it official as well.

Despite the bleak status of my bank account, yesterday I finally registered for two of the final three races I intend to compete in this season.  So officially, the line up is this:

Aug 24: Livestrong 5k - Philadelphia, PA

Sept 21: Finger Lakes Triathlon - Canandaigua, New York

Oct 11: Under Armour Marathon - Baltimore, MD

I still have to register for the Reeds Lake Triathlon in Michigan on Sept 6, and somehow scramble for $500 to pay the registration for next years Lake Placid Ironman... but at least I have three events officially on the books.

2 comments:

tobethatguy said...

the one thing that bothers me about these sporting events is how they become big marketing ploys. big publicity stunts to sell sell SELL!

OOH! Buy more Under Armour! Buy more Livestrong products! Buy more Finger Lakes!


ugh. advertisers...



but it's cool that you guys are competing.

Nathaniel said...

think of it this way:

without the big sponsors most events couldn't even happen. how else do you think most official races, a marathon or an ironman, can actually get off the ground?

in the end it's the public who ultimately decides if they want to buy into the "gimmick" or not.

and at the end of the day, i'll definitely be stocking up on more than my fair share of Finger Lakes.