Thursday, September 4, 2008

Swimming.

Finally started getting into the pool and swimming with the Masters team.  These workouts are just a tad more intense than the buoy to buoy swims in the lake I've been doing up until now.  I kinda miss those days of stopping to talk at each buoy and resting before swimming the next length.  

::sigh::

The workouts consist of 25 yard sprints, 50 yards, 100 yards, 125 yards, and 150 yard increments.  Ladder up, down, repeats, etc.  with only a few seconds of rest in between each set.  A far cry from the up to 5 minute "breaks" we'd take at the lake.  haha.

Tonight was the second workout i've been to and it is definitely getting easier.  

A lot easier.

Two days ago I was having problems catching my breath and my muscles were very fatigued.  I just wasn't use to such a fast pace workout without any rest.  It's nice to be pushed... since i wont have the opportunity to "rest" durning a race.

It's been a productive training week, not as much running as i had hoped to do, but i still have 3 more days before the week is over.  

More cycling, running and swimming tomorrow.

No comments: