Friday, May 16, 2008

Diet Tips?

Now that we have a training schedule we can move on to other areas of our lives that we need to regulate. Specifically, diet. Since I'm assuming we haven't had any visitors to this blog besides the occasional friend, I don't know if you can post comments to us. I'll appeal to Nate for tips: Hi Nate. Any tips?

And I'll appeal to the rest of you out there: If you have any dietary tips for us, please start a blog called "The Hold Steady Amy Adams Bob Dylan Lyrics Blog". Since I search for at least one of those items at least 17 times per day, I'm sure I'll stumble across your blog at some point. And don't worry! You will receive full credit for any dietary plan you design or advice you provide. I've been very careful about giving credit where credit is due ever since those Black Eyed Peas didn't give me any credit for my help on "My Humps". As if just anybody could craft a lyrically and philosophically cogent response to the age-old question of what to do with junk in a trunk and breast in a shirt!

3 comments:

Nathaniel said...

This is the diet i swear by:

1. mini chocolate doughnuts.
2. lampredotto.

Food of champions.

Combo said...

Is this mini chocolate donuts a reference to the old, old John Belushi skit on SNL? Because if so: Bravo sir, bravo!

Nathaniel said...

I will sit down and write down a diet thing when i get back to the states... but i do remember last time i was training i was taking in 3,000-5,000 calories a day to keep weight.

Granted... my workouts were borderline insane based on most peoples ideals... but i don't know how to do it any other way.

I started each day with 5 packets of oatmeal, eggs are always good, chicken, veggies, supplemented with GNC vitamins and protein.

I was also trying to keep fairly muscular at the time too... but i've come to realize that lean = fast and better for overall endurance.