Friday, May 16, 2008

I am Legend

But it's pronounced "Adam". Most of you don't know me because, well, the internet has hundreds of millions of users and last time I checked, not very many of you had sent me any postcards. Not that I'm bitter (I'm looking at you, Tom Glavine!) I'm moving into a new apartment at the end of May, so this is a hectic time for me to start training. My rabbit and I are moving downtown and I'm attempting a full restart of my life by moving about 15 blocks... not exactly Into The Wild, but probably much more interesting than Speed Racer (that's a burn, Emile Hirsch).



Name: Combo
Age: 24
Eye Color: Sepia
Height: Hakeem Olajuwon's sternum (according to my poster at home)
Weight: 11.07 stone (seriously, I looked it up)
Zodiac: Pisces

Likes:
Soccer (Anfield is heaven, Fowler is God, Torres is... spectacular), baseball (Red Sox), left-handed 3rd basemen, playing/watching any sport, reading, Roberto Bolano, Vladimir Mayakovsky, The Blues Brothers, The Hold Steady, Simon & Garfunkel, Robert Zimmerman, pets (Salah-al Din is my rabbit's name), old movies (Bogart, Grace Kelly, Claude Raines), gnocchi alla gorgonzola, nobody's reading this anymore right?, doing my homework in the dark, Pam Beasley, the moment in a friendship when you realize you can have a long moment of silence with someone else and it won't feel awkward.

Dislikes: ManchesterUnitedChelseaArsenalInterMilanJoseMourinhoRioFerdinandCristianoRonaldoWayneRooneyFrankLampardDidierDrogba(diiiiiver)JohnTerry, seafood, fantasy-baseball-fans-who-think-they-are-baseball-fans, Joe BuckTimMcCarverJoeMorgan, pretensions, zealots, Bush administration, Wes Anderson movies, Starbucks (and everything it represents), postmodernism (nice try, guys... wait, no it isn't), New York Yankees.

I am looking forward to the organization that training for a triathlon will bring to my life. The most difficult thing for me is going to be learning to exercise without an iPod. For some reason, if I'm playing soccer or just very tired from training and I don't have any music, my mind automatically starts playing Britney Spears' "Sometimes". I have no idea what that means, but I'm sure all the psychoanalysts who surf beginner triathlete sites will have a field day with it.

1 comment:

Vera X. said...

Hi Adam: Since Mayakovsky is one of your "likes", I think you'll be interested in the website for a new novel Reconstructing Mayakovsky. The site, http://www.reconstructingmayakovsky.com
is fun, inventive and interactive. Like the novel, it combines elements of science fiction, poetry, the detective story and historical fiction to tell the story of Mayakovsky in a radically different way.
If you enjoy it, I hope you’ll share it with your friends or on your blog. Thanks.