Monday, May 19, 2008

Taking a Hungarian vacation... from my Italian vacation...

Well... it's been a hard, stressful life here in Florence, Italy.  The beautiful weather, historic piazze, sitting outside in a cafe, sipping on a cappuccino... life gets pretty overwhelming.  For this very reason, I have found it necessary to take a break and head to Hungary for a week.  

I know I know... it will be difficult for you all to deal with my extended absence... but believe me, when I start posting regularly, you will WISH I was without a computer.  

Now... I feel like I should attempt to inspire in some way... how about this:

When I return I don't want to read that you've been whining about pain and difficult workouts... pushing through the pain is what makes it worthwhile.  Can you really be proud of what you've accomplished without having to sacrifice and endure pain in order to reach that goal?  The greatest accomplishments in my life are those that hurt, that others thought couldn't happen, that even I had doubts about finishing.  The end result makes it that much sweeter.

So when your legs burn, when you get off that bike and collapse under your own weight, when you cramp up and nearly drown in the pool... just think about 3-4 month from now and how far you will have come.  How you'll feel crossing that finish line.  Knowing that you proved everyone else wrong, and more importantly, that you proved yourself right... that you CAN do whatever you want.  There's no way everyone else can possibly know the pain you've gone through... but thats ok.  You're doing this for you, not them.

Annnd this is where I hop into a Peugeot convertible with a beautiful woman and head to Hungary.  No, really... that's what I'm doing.

Have a great week, train hard, and don't have any regrets!

No comments: