Thursday, May 22, 2008

Someone Had To Win...

No post yesterday, my apologies.

On Tuesday, 5/20, I swam a half-mile in about 45 minutes, including multiple pauses for air and to watch other swimmers. I'm not sure if my form was terrible or if they were swimming in thinner, lighter water, but it certainly seemed much easier for them to traverse the length of the pool than it was for me. Even the guy on the kickboard seemed to be cruising.

Yesterday, 5/21, I did a chest/shoulders workout followed by a ten minute bike and a 25 minute run. I watched the Mets/Braves game as I biked and I encourage everyone to watch Chipper Jones play baseball. It's intensely enjoyable to watch him take control of an at-bat. He's locked in right now, and if the pitcher falls behind him in the count it is next to impossible to get him out. He had two walks and a home run to deep centerfield in his first three at-bats.

Yesterday was also the Champions League Final and, unfortunately, someone had to win. Manchester United walked away with ol' Big Ears, and, although it was difficult to watch 120 minutes of soccer between players that have no souls, there was a moment of joy at the end when Cristiano Ronaldo missed his penalty kick. God, that was sweet. Also, Drogba got a red card for sissy-slapping Vidic. Now, somebody is going to say, "This is why soccer will never succeed in the US, we don't like sissy-slappers." To which I respond: "WWE Wrestlemania."

Clarence Seedorf was a guest announcer for the first half of the game, which was awesome. He didn't say much of interest, but Clarence Seedorf painting a kitten would be awesome. He's Clarence Seedorf. (Nate: Do you follow a Serie A team?)

There is an article in the NY Times Magazine entitled, "You Walk Wrong". It discusses how supposed advances in running shoe technology actually hinder our body and increase the risk of knee and ankle injury. I'll find and post it here.

No comments: