Monday, July 21, 2008

ANNNND....

IT'S OFFICIAL!

I just got back from Lake Placid and my spot is officially reserved for next years race.  July 26, 2009... who's coming to watch?!

Nate = Athlete # 1685

You could tell who the people were that participated in the race yesterday by the obvious limping and soreness.  Ah!  I can't wait!

I met a lot of really cool athletes, saw some great bikes (I refrained from purchasing... just barely,) and the crappy weather on 4.5 hr drive there broke for the brief hour and a half I was in town.  It promptly began pouring again after I began my trek back to Canandaigua.

Oh, and i have some good news and bad news:

Good News: i found out that the top 4 slots of my age group qualify for Kona.  Sweet.
Bad News: the slowest of the 4 times was still 9 hours and 45 minutes.  Damn.  Guess i have to better my goal time of under 11 hours.

It's gonna be an intense year!

ironman ironman ironman ironman...

!!!!!

No comments: