Thursday, July 3, 2008

Whew... Gettin' into it.

So I took July 1st off since i was lagged as all hell after an epic journey stateside... but as promised, July 2nd I started at it hard.

Cycled 20.8 miles in each of the past two days and ran quite a bit as well (see totals to the right.)  I think today is going to be a day off from running since my legs are pretty much useless after 50+ miles in the past couple days.

Days of REST are just as important as days of TRAINING.  Write that down.

Going to start weight training today at the gym... so i'll be all sorts of sore elsewhere!  woo!

Knees and ankles are feeling great.  I'm a little sore in my upper back from the cycling position (just need to get used to it again,) and i can feel it in my quads and lower abs from running... ah its great to feel like I'm accomplishing something and making progress.

Actually knowing me... I might get the inkling to go for a run and break my day of rest... oops.


Tip of the day:

When its heavily raining while you're cycling and you need to take a corner, don't slam on the rear brake.  Doing this leads to a frightening fishtail, and if you feet are locked in the stirrups, you're pretty much looking to kiss the pavement.  I learned this on my ride this morning.

No comments: