Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Geese!

So I am sure that you have all been reading Nate's harrowing tales of extreme speeds and near crashes.

Well I have one too.

Last night Adam and I went for a 10.5 mile bike ride up on Kelly Drive. Felt great and it was really a great temperature out. I was cruising along when all of a sudden, 50 Canadian Geese flew across the path almost taking me out with them. I had to come to a screeching halt to avoid getting bludgeoned by pissed off beaks. Not fun at all.

It is hard to really get up to speed when the area is so congested with people. We are looking for a new place to train soon so that we can really open up and see what these bikes can do.

Will keep you updated tonight!

2 comments:

Nathaniel said...

50 geese? are you sure?

did you whip out your iphone, take a picture, check the picture later and make sure that was the accurate number?

its hard to believe you could have counted the exact number while riding.

:)

m@ said...

Glad you guys are keeping it up! Where're my pics!?