Sunday, July 6, 2008

My first week of REAL training.

Well... it's been a crazy week.  Hard to believe that just a week ago i was in Florence watching Spain win the EuroCup, and partying with thousands of my closest Spanish friends.  Crazy.  Its been a nice week to start my training though... not too tough.

I wasn't able to train on Monday since i was traveling all day, and Tuesday was only a run day.   I took July 3rd & 5th off from running, and the 4th off from cycling.   I have yet to gain access to a pool, which is seriously getting on my nerves.  I may just have to flounder around in the lake for a bit without distances until i can find something better.

Anyways... my totals for this week alone are:

Swimming: 0 yards (yes.  i'm embarrassed.)
Biking: 88.4 miles
Running: 21.1 miles

Next week expect to see my distances upped.  I'm planning on cycling to Buffalo which is 100 miles alone.  

I didn't realize how expensive just training could get!  The amount I eat now is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm also finding that since my muscles are getting toned and changing... i tend to cramp up if i'm sitting or standing a certain way.  It's actually quite annoying.  haha.

It's great to see progress though.  I've dropped 9 minutes off my cycling loop and upped my average mph from 15.5 to 17.3... all this in only 4 sessions!  Hills are easier, i can keep a steady 20 mph cadence along the lake, and i actually topped out at 40.7 mph down one hill.  Mind you, the speed limit for CARS is 35 mph.  Can i get a ticket?  hmm...

It's exciting to see that my lofty goals are actually reachable now!  Can't wait to get out again tomorrow!  

A new week, a clean slate.

No comments: