Thursday, August 28, 2008

8/28: The Morning Runs

4.5 miles this morning. There was a nice, late summer chill in the air, and I was in a hurry after waking up late so I didn't stretch. Consequently, my first two miles were slow as I got the kinks out, but the last two felt good, and I wasn't breathing heavily when I arrived back home. I hit a lot of the lights today so very few pauses in the run, which is a pleasant surprise in the city.

Today's Running Music: The Ting Tings. I didn't go to many concerts growing up, spending most of my musical capital on oldies who tended not to tour much. Simon and Garfunkel were my favorites, but The Who, the Stones, the Four Tops, etc. My first concert was Alanis Morrisette (sp.) (who cares).
The point is: I've gone to a lot of concerts over the past 2 years to make up for all the music I missed. I know it doesn't work that way, but if you're really cynical enough tell me that, you probably don't enjoy any redemption-themed movies (I have a major problem with redemption movies, one that was pointed out by my friend Aaron a while back. Post in the comments if you want to discuss, since I know only triathletes and sappy-movie buffs read this blog. Well, them and Naomi Watts. She's a huge fan, I hear... from the voice in my head.)
Now, the point really is: The Ting Tings put on the best concert I have ever seen. It was exciting from start to finish. Check out their stuff on www.myspace.com/thetingtings. I actually didn't check that address, so just type The Ting Tings into Google and figure it out for yourself, you're a big boy/girl/robot/Yankees-fan.

No comments: