Monday, August 25, 2008

Strong Living at the 5K

I finished the LiveStrong 5K in 22:06.08. That is approximately 7:08 per mile. So if you subtract the amount of time I spent hurtling over and around walkers, most of whom failed to abide by the stay-on-the-right rule, I had a decent showing. My back hurt a bit during the race, and the muscles behind my right shoulder blade kept seizing up. Sunday night was much worse though, when the back suddenly sprung into a painful frenzy of muscle spasms around the separated rib. I'll get you for this, Armstrong...


Nate ran an awesome race from what I hear, so I think he deserves a big hand

(pauses for applause)

Eric and Adam ran good races too, you can read Eric's summary below this.

Summary of my thoughts during the race:

"There are a shit-ton of people here. I wonder where Eric and Nate are... HOLY CRAP I ALMOST HIT THAT OLD LADY! Where the heck did she come from?? Man, she popped out of nowhe... OH MY GOODNESS I THINK I STEPPED ON A CHILD... oh, whew that was close. They should really mark all little children with reflectors or just leave them in incubators until they're 15 or so... WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT! Didn't that woman see me coming?? Why did she swing that beefy arm into me??? Why are there so many people here? Am I in the right race? Where's Ian! Is that you god? Oh, no. It's just some guy that looks like Billy Zane. There's the finish line! I should sprint, but this little old lady keeps moving around! She's harder to pass than Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder, jesus. OK, almost to the finish line... oh wait, that's just a big arch of balloons, the finish line is another twenty five feet ahead! What a cruel trick! If I wasn't so damn tired I'd pop every one of the balloons on that ersatz finish line! Where the heck is the water? Where the heck is Teresa? Where the heck... oh, hey Melissa Kelly. How come you got to bring an iPod???

No comments: