Monday, August 11, 2008

"It's not the triumph, but the struggle."

Spoken by the best athlete's of the work during the world's celebration of the Olympic Games.

Days later and the words are still sticking with me.

As I watch Michael Phelps win Gold after Gold, I am in just awe of him. He gives me chills just watching him push hard and breaking record after record. Go Team USA!

Now on to me... who is not quite an Olympic athlete. This past week and weekend has been actually really productive for me. After taking Wednesday off, I decided that I would focus on my swimming for the next two days. I really need to work harder on that but I honestly feel like I am getting a little better. Going to talk to a trainer in a couple days to get some pointers.

Saturday morning, Adam and I got up at 7am and went up to the bike trail on Martin Luther King Drive. What is great about Saturday mornings is that they close down the road so you have soooo much space to ride. No worries or pressures about cars. Ended up doing 18 miles which was a struggle with all the hills but felt great in the end.

Sunday morning was another day to wake up early and drive down to the beach at like 8am. When we got there, we decided to do a quick 25 minute run to warm up before jumping into the ocean. The water was freezing. Got to lay on the beach for about 40 mins before the thunderstorm started.

Really special driving and hour back while it hailed the entire way. Thanks a lot New Jersey.

Tonight is swimming again and by the power of Phelps I will do better.

Cheers,
e

No comments: